At the heart of everything we do are our people. Together we create our joint futures and strive to meet our customer’s every need.
From our background as a family run company we strongly believe that our people matter, and we pride ourselves on the wide ranging benefits, policies and initiatives which are offered to all of our employees. From apprenticeship schemes, to graduate schemes or just self-improvement, we are here to help you progress.
We are always looking for people to help us improve, and so if you are self-motivated, driven, honest, innovative and have a good moral compass, come and talk to us.
If you aren’t sure your background fits the engineering mould, but you believe you have these qualities- we want to hear from you! While we may not have a job description available right now, we would like to keep your details on file should an opening appear which we think may fit.
We work in progressive and exciting industries and engineer products for the nuclear, space or aerospace industries.
Destroying the ‘traditional engineering image’, come and talk to us about how we can grow together.
Our core company values are
Our core values underpin what is expected from each and every member of the CW Fletcher team, and support our vision to become ‘Obviously, the safest partner for any customer in whatever market we choose to serve’. We strive to achieve these values every day.
Look below for the start of your exciting career path with us
Jig and Tool Maker
The holder of the position will be part of the Tool Room team in this aerospace manufacturing company. This team provides vital support to the manufacturing facility by producing, repairing and maintaining jigs, fixtures and form tools for new and existing product. These jigs and fixtures range from small pin fitting tools to fixtures of over 1 metre diameter.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Work as part of a team and be responsible for producing new jigs, fixtures and form tools to the engineering drawings provided by the tooling design team.
Be responsible for maintaining, repairing and improving existing jigs, fixtures and form tools.
Work with manufacturing engineers and tooling design engineers to provide the most effective and cost efficiant tooling solutions.
Provide tool room support to the maintenance department.
Provide input into the quotation process.
Skills, Experience & Qualification:
- Be fully competent using manual lathes for the turning details up to 1 metre diameter also milling machines, radial arm drills, surface and cylindrical grinders.
- Have all the required hand skills for jig and tool manufacturing and maintenance.
- Some CNC milling experience would be an advantage.
- Be fully competent in interpreting and understanding engineering drawings.
- Be fully competent in manufacturing jigs and fixtures from the details given on engineering drawings.
- Experience and ability to produce parts to tight tolerances.
- Experience of producing and maintaining press tools.
- Be able to work as part of a team in a fast moving, dynamic department.
- Demonstrate a good level of numeracy/ literacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Have a proven tool making background.
- Have a good understanding of technical drawings and geometric tolerances.
- Be able to produce the required items to agreed tome scales in a dynamic fluid environment.
We would love to hear from you
Please get in touch if you would like to apply for a vacancy highlighted above and make sure to refer to the job you are interested in. We also want to hear from you if you think you would be a good fit for the CW Fletcher team, but there is not necessarily a job vacancy which currently fits.
We welcome job applications from apprentices, graduates and experienced hires. If you have had a long period of absence from work, for whatever reason, and are eager to return, we want to hear from you! Please fill out our contact form below if you would like to find anything out about our recruitment process, or would like any further information about any of our open vacancies.