Case Study - EJ200 Off-load Project
Competitively won three components which required utilisation of their incumbent supply chains.
We were required to in-load them into our facility with the least possible disruption to the EJ200 build program. Effectively and efficiently managing a customer off-load in a tight timescale.
The three inconel, hot engine section air-seal style components of varying complexity fitted well within our core competencies. A key driver in our selection for this particular job was also our proven ability in the integration and management of existing supply chains.
The project began in early 2006 with the creation of an Integrated Project Team (IPT) and we have been successfully producing between 80-90 ship sets per year right up to the present day.
- Re-design and rationalisation of supply chain for simplicity and performance.
- Re-design and modernisation of the method of manufacture.
- Incorporation of lean methodology.
- Re-design of tooling and fixtures for manufacturing simplicity.
- Creation of new press tools for internal manufacture of complicated pressings.
- Interaction with complex supply chain, comprising two raw material suppliers and numerous process companies.
Project Success and Benefits to our Client
- Smooth transition of supply.
- Production rate delivery from 2007 to the current day.
- Stable production process.
- Visual Management System for smooth throughput.
- No build stops in over 4 years of manufacture and counting...